Rule of Faith
- Of the Holy Scriptures. We believe the Scriptures of the Old
and New Testament to contain a revelation of the perfections and will of
God, and the rule of faith and practice.
- Of the Supreme Being. We believe in one God, infinite in all
his perfections, and that these perfections are all modifications of
infinite, adorable, incomprehensible, and unchangeable love.
- Of the Mediator. We believe that there is one Mediator between
God and men, the man Christ Jesus, in whom dwelleth all the fullness of the
Godhead bodily, who by giving himself a ransom for all, hath redeemed them
to God by his blood; and who, by the merit of his death, and the efficacy
of his spirit, will finally restore the whole human race to happiness.
- Of the Holy Ghost. We believe in the Holy Ghost, whose office
is to make known to sinners the truth of this salvation, through the medium
of the Holy Scriptures, and to reconcile the hearts of the children of men
to God, and thereby to dispose them to genuine holiness.
- Of Good Works. We believe in the obligation of the moral law
as to the rule of life; and we hold, that the love of God manifested to man
in a redeemer, is the best means of producing obedience to that law, and
promoting a holy, active, and useful life.