[an error occurred while processing this directive]
IN THIS OUR HOME:
(Even Christian people today find it difficult to sustain a righteous tone
and decorum in their home. There are many circumstances that contribute to
this real problem. Perhaps the following code of conduct would lift the
attitude of all household members to a realizable standard and a joyous
- We obey both our heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We love and honor one another.
- We tell the truth.
- We consider one another's interests ahead of our own.
- We speak quietly and respectfully with one another.
- We do not hurt one another with unkind deeds or words.
- When someone is sorry, we forgive.
- When someone is sad, we comfort.
- When someone is happy, we rejoice.
- When someone needs correction, we correct in love.
- When we have something nice to share, we share it.
- When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
- We take care of everything God has given us.
- We do not create unnecessary work for others.
- When we open something, we close it.
- When we turn something on, we turn it off.
- When we take something out, we put it away.
- When we make a mess, we clean it.
- When we do not know what to do, we ask.
- When we go out, we act just as if we were in this house.
- When we disobey or forget any of the rules of this home, we accept the
discipline and instruction of the Lord.